What Apprenticeships can I do?
An Apprenticeship is an ideal way to get out into the world of work and do a job while earning real money! If this idea appeals to you, you’ve come to the right place. Canterbury College / CTR are one of the largest providers of apprenticeships in the area.
Look at the latest job Vacancies for apprenticeship positions in the local area.
View our Apprenticeships online.
What is CTR?
CTR offers a free jobs brokerage/recruitment service for students.
Why CTR Apprenticeships?
- Largest provider of Apprenticeships in East Kent
- Delivered by industry experts
- Over 500 apprentices in training
- Over 40 different Apprenticeship options
- Decades of experience in working with employers
- High employer satisfaction rating
- New higher level Apprenticeships
- Access to employer grants
- Support into further employment
As an apprentice, you will be employed from day one and learn in the workplace. You will also attend College, usually one day a week, depending on your chosen vocation.
Your employer must be willing to support you while you train and we can discuss the requirements with them. If you are struggling to find an employer to support you, please contact us and we may be able to help.
Apprenticeships are available to anyone over the age of 16 who is employed. You will need to be committed, motivated and have a willingness to learn new things whilst you study.
As an apprentice, you will:
- Earn real wages
- Gain new qualifications & industry-standard training
- Gain new knowledge and skills
- Gain experience that will give you a competitive edge
- Get a start into a new and rewarding career
- Meet new people and develop new opportunities
Two types of apprenticeships are available. Apprenticeships are at Level 2 and can run for 12 to 24 months.
Advanced Apprenticeships are at Level 3 and can run for a period of 18 months or more.
There are opportunities in some areas for Higher Level Apprenticeships at Level 4. Each occupation has its own framework set by industry which will enable you to develop the practical skills and knowledge you need for the workplace.
We focus on what you want to do to find the apprenticeship that suits you best. A Liaison Offi cer will offer you support and guidance throughout the duration of the programme.
If you want a real job with the best quality training in the area, give us a ring and go for it!
For more information on Apprenticeships, please call 01227 811163 or
How do I apply?
- Download an application form
- Request an application form by telephone on 01227 811163
- Complete the form in the front of the college prospectus
View the Apprenticeship courses available at Canterbury College.