The Spa, Beauty and Holistic therapies department is a lively, exciting and stimulating place to learn. all courses are highly practical, making full use of our training and commercial salons.
We are looking forward to the opening of new facilities in January 2012 which will include five new training salons and a professional commercial salon with a Barber Shop, Nail Bar and Luxury Beauty Cubicles. There will be a Spa with sauna, steam and spa pool, dry floatation and relaxation rooms.
This will enable Canterbury College to deliver the most up to date programmes, designed with employers to meet the needs of the growing Beauty and Spa Industry.
Why Canterbury College?
- Outstanding Student Achievements
- Flexible hours - time to study and work
- Teachers with vast industry experience
- 'Live' salon with real customers
- Guest speakers from the industry such as: Dermalogica, Steiner, Virgin & Nails Inc.
- State-of-the-art facility, purpose built training rooms, spa and commercial salon
- Progression opportunities to study at a higher level
- Some courses also offered at Swale Campus
Careers in Beauty
- Spa Therapy
- Beauty Therapy
- Hairdresser / Stylist
- Make-up Artistry
- Massage and Sports Massage
- Nail Technology
- Holistic Therapist
- Complementary Therapy
- Beauty Retail
- Salon Management
- Spa Operations & Management
We have a very successful track record students from the College progressing to University and Full time employment.
Many of our students benefit from working at a number of local and national organisations for work experience.
Where are they now?
Rebecca Reed studied at NVQ Level 2 and 3 Beauty Therapy and is now on board ship working with Princess Line cruising the Caribbean and USA.
Emma Parker studied at NVQ Level 2 and 3 Beauty Therapy, and is now working at Nails Inc in Fenwick, Canterbury.
Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies Student Hayley Thompson won a gold medal for Aromatherapy at the regional heat of the World Skills Competition.
- Ruthanne Dent – Section Manager
- Paula Dennis – Coordinator and Btec National Diploma Course Tutor
- Annette Pugh – Coordinator and Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Course Tutor
- Sarah Deal – Level 1 Diploma Beauty Therapy Course Tutor
- Anna McCreadie – Course Tutor, NVQ Level 2 Diploma Beauty Therapy and Advanced Practitioner
- Tracey Kennedy – Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies Course Tutor