Canterbury College made history on the 19th January 2012 by becoming the first Further Education college in the UK to sign an Armed Forces Community Covenant with the commanding officers of the army regiments based in Canterbury.
The Covenant is an agreement between Canterbury College and the Armed Services to foster closer relationships between soldiers, their families and the communities in which they live and work.
As part of our committment to the Covenant, we are bringing together all of the county's cadet forces in a celebration called 'Kent Cadet week' - find out more.
How can we help?
Canterbury College can help, existing military personnel as well as those looking to leave the Armed Services.
- Covenant Simplified
- An agreement of mutual support between Canterbury College and the Armed Forces.
- Military Qualification Transfer
- Exploring options to convert military qualifications to a recognised civilian equivalent.
- Learning Credits
- Looking at options to utilise Standard Learning Credits (SLC) and Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) to facilitate learning.
- Numeracy & Literacy Assistance (CLM)
- Assisting Armed Forces personnel to reach Level 2 to meet CLM criteria
- Help with Redundancies
- Book a visit to Canterbury College or arrange a visit to your work place.
- Career Advice & Employment Opportunities
- Canterbury Training Recruitment at Canterbury College may be able to assist you with careers advice and employment opportunities.
- Courses at Canterbury College
- Full-time, part-time and Higher Education Courses available at Canterbury College
Need more information?
- Armed Forces Community Liaison
- Canterbury College
- New Dover Road
- CT1 3AJ
- Tel: 01227 811207
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org